MINING RIGHTS, LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES (IMPOSITION OF FEES) (CONSOLIDATED AMENDMENTS) ACT - 1983 (PNDCL 67)
(1) Notwithstanding anything contrary contained in any other enactment-
(a) there shall be paid in respect of each examination for the purpose of issuing the appropriate certificate set out in Column I of Part I of the Schedule to this Law, the fees set out in Column II of this Part; and
(b) there shall be paid for each licence, permit or authority set out in Column I of Part II of the Schedule to this Act, the fees set out in Column II of that Part.
(2) The enactments set out in Column I of Part III of the Schedule to this Law shall have effect subject to the amendments set out in relation thereto in Column II of that Part.
(3) Nothing in subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall be deemed to derogate from any powers possessed by any authority to amend any of the enactments set out in Part III of the Schedule to this Law.
This Law shall be deemed to have come into force on the 21st day of April, 1983.
Column 1 Column 2
The following Certificates required by Regulations made under the Mining Rights REgulation Ordinance (Cap. 153)-
1. Winding engine driver's certificate twenty-five Cedis
2. Blasting Certificate twenty Cedis
3. Shift Boss/Mine foreman certificate fifty Cedis
4. Mine Manager's /underground Manager's certificate two hundred cedis
5. Mine captain's certificate one hundred Cedis
The following licences, permits, etc. required by Regulation made under the Explosives Ordinance (Cap. 254)-
Column 1 Column 2
6. Explosives storage or magazine licence .. .. .. one hundred Cedis in respect of commercial dealers and fifty Cedis in respect of other surface magazines.
7. Permit to purchase, possess, etc. explosives. .. .. fifty Cedis
8. Authority to sell or otherwise transfer explosives .. fifty Cedis
Column 1 Column 2
Regulations made under Mining Rights Regulation Ordinance (Cap. 153). (a) in regulation 38 insert as sub-paragraph (d) of paragraph (4) the following-
"the applicant has paid the fee of twenty-five cedis prescribed for the examination leading to the grant of the certificates";
(b) in regulation 44, sub-paragraph (4) (b) substitute for the amount of "ten Cedis" appearing in line 2 of the proviso thereto, the amount of twenty Cedis";
(c) in regulation 86, paragraph (2) insert, immediately after the word "applicant" in line 9 thereof the following words "on the payment by the applicant of the fee of twenty Cedis prescribed for the examination leading to the certificate";
(d) in regulation 130, paragraph (2) insert immediately after sub-paragraph (b) the following as sub-paragraph (bb);
"he has paid the fee of one hundred Cedis if he were a candidate for a mine captain's certificate and two hundred Cedis if he were a candidate for a mine manager's or underground manager's certificate, as the case may be, prescribed for the examinations leading to each certificate";
(e) in regulation 140, paragrpah (3) insert as sub-paragrpah (h) the following:-
"the applicant has paid the fee of fifty Cedis prescribed for the examination leading to the certificate
Regulations made under the Explosives Ordinance (Cap. 254). in regulation 44, add the following paragraph-
"(4) There shall be payable for each explosive store or magazine licence the fee of one hundred Cedis for commercial dealers and fifty Cedis for any others";
under "Permits to Purchase, etc. Explosives", in regulation 1 thereunder insert after the word "explosives"in line 2 thereof the following-
"on the payment by the applicant therfor of the fee of fifty Cedis";
in regulation 4, insert after the word "issued" in line 5 thereof the following-
"on the payment of the fee of fifty Cedis".
Made this 12th day of September, 1983.