GHANA NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME ACT - 1980 (ACT 426)
Section - 15 - Director of Scheme
(1) The Scheme shall have a Director who shall be appointed in accordance with article 157 of the Constitution and shall hold office upon such terms and conditions as may be specified in his instrument of appointment.
(2) Where the office of the Director becomes vacant the Board shall notify the President of the occurrence of the vacancy.
(3) Where the Director is incapacitated from the performance of his functions under this Act the Board may subject to subsection (4) of section 12 of this Act authorise any employee of the Scheme to perform those functions for the duration of the incapacity.
(4) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Director shall, subject to the general control of the Board on matters of policy, be charged with the direction and day-to-day business of the Scheme and its administration and the organisation and control of all the employees of the Scheme.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this section the Director may delegate to any employee of the Scheme any of his functions under this Act and may impose with respect to the exercise of such delegated functions such conditions as he may think fit:
Provided that nothing in this subsection shall be construed so as to absolve the Director from ultimate responsibility for any act done by any person in pursuance of any such delegation.