GHANA NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME ACT - 1980 (ACT 426)
Section - 12 - Tenure of Office and Emoluments of Members of the Board
(1) All members of the Board shall hold office for a period of four years;
(2) A member of the Board may resign his office by notice in writing addressed to the President and, without prejudice to the provisions of section 11 of this Act, any such member may, for good cause shown, and in the public interest, be removed by the President acting in accordance with the advice of the Council of State.
(3) All members of the Board ceasing to hold office shall, subject to section 11 of this Act be eligible for re-appointment.
(4) Where any member of the Board is absent from Ghana or incapacitated by illness or any other cause from performing the functions of his office the President may, acting in accordance with the advice of the Council of State appoint another person to act in his office until the member is able to resume the performance of his functions.
(5) The Chairman or in his absence the Director shall notify the President in writing of all vacancies occurring in the membership of the Board and of any circumstances giving rise to an appointment under subsection (4) of this section.
(6) There shall be paid to members of the Board in respect of their membership such subsistence, travelling and other allowances as the Minister responsible for Finance may approve in relation to them.